Type of satellite
* Satellite astronomy are satellites used to observe the planets, galaxies and other celestial objects are far away.
* Communications satellites are artificial satellites placed in space with the goal of telecommunications using radio at microwave frequencies. Most communications satellites use geosynchronous orbit Geosynchronous satellite or, even if some of the latest type of low Earth orbiting satellites.
* Earth observation satellites are satellites specifically designed to observe Earth from orbit, such as reconnaissance satellites but intended for non-military usage such as environmental observation, meteorology, cartography, etc..
* Satellite navigation is a satellite that uses radio signals transmitted to the receiver on the ground surface to determine the location of a point on the surface of the earth. One of the most popular satellite navigation is the GPS of the United States other than that there is also Russia's Glonass. If the view between satellites and receivers on the ground there is no interference, then with a satellite signal receiver (GPS receiver), can be obtained position data in a place with a few meters accuracy in real time.
* Spy satellites are Earth observation satellites or communication satellites used for military purposes or spying.
* Satellite solar power is a proposed satellite built in high Earth orbit that uses microwave power transmission to solar power to shine a very large antenna on Earth who dpaat used to replace conventional power sources.
* Space stations are man-made structure designed for human habitation in space. Space stations are distinguished from other spacecraft by its lack of the main spacecraft propulsion or landing facilities and other vehicles used as transportation to and from the station. Space stations are designed for medium-term living in orbit, for periods of weekly, monthly or even yearly.
* Satellite weather is diguanakan satellites to observe Earth's weather and climate.
* Satellite miniature is lighter and smaller satellites. New classification was made to categorize these satellites: Satellite Mini (500-200 kg), micro satellite (below 200 kg), nano satellites (under 10 kg).